How Steedos Developer Experience Changes Your Way of Working
Steedos Developer Experience (DX) is a new way of managing and developing applications on the Steedos low-code platform throughout their entire lifecycle. It combines the best features of a low-code platform, achieving source-driven development, team collaboration with governance, and a new level of custom app development on Steedos.
Highlights of Steedos DX
1. Source-driven development
- Track changes and history with version control systems like Git.
- Provide a single source of truth for your organization's metadata, ensuring consistency across environments.
2. Team Collaboration
- Supports concurrent development, promoting teamwork and parallel workflows.
- Reduces conflicts through isolated development environments and clear insight into changes.
3. Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD)
- Integrates with popular CI/CD tools for automated testing and deployment.
- Encourages a robust development cycle through continuous feedback and iterative improvements.
4. Environment Management
- Run your packages on different Steedos environments for various purposes (development, testing, staging).
- Ensures isolation between production and non-production environments.
5. Package and Dependency Management
- Organize metadata and settings into logical units (packages) that are easy to manage and deploy.
- Handle dependencies cleanly, ensuring coordinated functioning and deployment when necessary.
6. Modular Deployment
- Allows for deploying specific features or updates without a full-scale deployment.
- Enhances agility and responsiveness to business requirements.
Steedos is a powerful low-code development platform, offering extensive no-code development capabilities enabling even non-technical users to create complex business applications. Here are some core features of Steedos in no-code development:
- Steedos allows users to create custom business objects through its intuitive interface, without writing any code. These custom objects can represent any entity in business operations (e.g., customers, projects, contracts, etc.).
- Users can define their own fields for these objects, accommodating various data types (such as text, numbers, dates, etc.), ensuring structured and organized data.
- By establishing relationships between objects, one can simulate real-world business relationships, enhancing data coherence and usability.
- Steedos offers various tools and components, allowing users to customize the user interface of applications. For example, users can use "Page Layouts" and "Page Builders" to control how information is presented and the layout of interfaces.
- The "Page Builder" also allows users to create attractive and responsive page designs by dragging and dropping interface components, without needing professional front-end development skills.
- Additionally, users can create custom navigation menus, buttons, and actions, enhancing application interactivity and user experience.
- With Steedos's "Automation Actions" and "Workflow Rules," users can design and automate business processes, such as sending automated email notifications, updating record fields, assigning tasks, etc.
- The "Process Designer" is a powerful tool providing a visual interface where users can set trigger conditions and define automated sequences of steps (known as processes).
- Besides standard automation features, users can also introduce complex business logic through formulas and business rules, ensuring the flexibility and accuracy of processes.
Source-Driven Development with Steedos DX
Steedos DX changes the way low-code application development lifecycle management is approached, offering a more modern, source-driven development method. It includes a whole set of tools enabling developers to collaborate more efficiently, and to build Steedos apps in a more organized manner, more in line with best practices.
The Steedos Developer Experience (DX) is a new approach for managing and developing applications on the Steedos low-code platform, spanning the entire application lifecycle. It brings together the best features of low-code platforms, enabling source-driven development, governed team collaboration, and a new level of custom application development on Steedos.
Steedos packages store custom objects and custom object translations in intuitive subdirectories. The source format makes it easier for you to find what you want to change or update. Say goodbye to messy merges.
The Steedos platform is based on the Moleculer microservices architecture, where each package is a Moleculer Service. You can define REST APIs, triggers, actions, methods, and subscribe to events in the service.
Introducing Steedos Micro Page Builder, a powerful micro page development toolkit rooted in Baidu's AMIS technology. this platform facilitates the creation of custom pages and components and makes it easier with its visual design tool.
Steedos offers a rich set of APIs allowing integration with external systems and third-party applications. This ensures that your Steedos instance can seamlessly connect with your entire enterprise technology stack.